Thursday, April 29, 2010

Outdoors at Last!

Warm weather is upon us and it just got easier to get some much needed exercise! Is anything more motivating than sunshine and new gear? I bought myself a new pair of running shoes today, and I can't WAIT to run in them! I broke them in with a nice walk after dinner tonight, but they SCREAM "Exercise in Me!" So, who am I to deny them that pleasure???

It's never easy getting into a new routine. There are all the previously failed attempts, but that's the great thing about life--every day is a chance to do something differently.

Now, I'm not one of those people who has exercised her whole life. I've always liked playing sports (although I was never really good at any), and I've always loved to walk and hike, but it's not until I started getting older and really appreciating what my body does for me on a daily basis that I decided to start giving back. I'm grateful that I'm able to get out of bed every morning and just move, so continuing to do so is going to be another motivating factor to get my butt back in gear.

So, will I ride my bike to work tomorrow? Well, I am a wuss in bad weather, so if the Weather Gods are right in predicting warmth and sunny skies, then YES! I'm definitely going to ride. For those of you who are already in warm-weather-exercise mode, then remember to eat right before and after! Carbohydrates before for fuel, and protein afterwards to help repair and rebuild muscles. You'll be ready get moving again in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment